7 Questions you should ask your team to set more effective goals
If you are working in a team group the biggest hurdle is setting team goals or objectives. Do you agree with me?
Coming up with ideas for your own goals is completely different from the team objectives. Setting a goal and assuring how to get there with a team should be done when considering your team strengths. There should be no gap in communicating the goals so that everyone is aware of their next step. There is a need for transparency, regardless of the team size, whether it is a small business or a multinational company. Great leaders in a team are responsible to nurture and develop collaborative teams, guide people in accomplishing the vision investing time in setting clear goals.
Once everything is clarified to an extent, you can align your team to get desired results. If you are a leader, steering towards clear goals is essential. However, for the safety of leaders, here are seven questions that team leaders should ask before setting a team goal. This is required to ensure objectives translate results:
- Are resources aligned with objectives?
- Are the goals clearly set and documented?
- Can the entire team view these objectives?
- Is there an alignment with the objectives?
- Am I stretching too much?
- Are these S.M.A.R.T. Goals? (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Limited)
- Is every team member aware of their next step?
When referring to the perfect time for goal setting it means a lot and is best started immediately. Writing the goals transforms into achieving them to 80%.